Graber Olive House
- Chamber Gift Certificate Program
Californians of today are indebted to the foresight of the Franciscan missionaries from Spain, who planted the first olive trees at the Mission San Diego de Alcala in 1769.
Olive trees flourished, and it became a tradition of the early Californians to set their tables with plenty of fruits and wine, and always olives, whose nut-like flavor and healthfulness were highly esteemed.
C.C. Graber purchased land in Ontario and discovered olives, as cured by the early ranchers, to be one of the finest food delicacies of California.
After much research and study of their methods, Mr. Graber cured several barrels himself.
The following season a much greater quantity of his olives was demanded by neighbors and friends who had eaten from the original barrels.
Thus began Ontario's oldest existing business. Since 1894, Graber Olives -- fully tree-ripened with delicate, rich flavor and succulent texture -- continue to be enjoyed by generations of families throughout the world.
The Graber Groves are now located in the San Joaquin Valley.
During harvest time (October through December), the historic Graber Olive House pulsates with the activities of grading, curing, and canning.
Visitors are offered guided tours of the facility year round, and may browse leisurely in the two gift shops which feature Graber Olives, fine foods, and gifts.
315 E 4TH STREET ONTARIO CA, 91764