Our Lady Of The Assumption Catholic Church
Our Lady of the Assumption welcomes all people to grow in the Catholic faith as we celebrate our diverse community, nurture the Gospel message, and exemplify our love of Christ by serving others.
On May 13, 1947, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles created a separate parish for Claremont. A suitable site was acquired in the summer of 1948 at the corner of Berkeley and Bonita Avenues.
In January 1951, construction of a new church began and the first Masses were held in the new church on October 28 of that year.
Cardinal McIntyre formally blessed the completed church on January 2, 1952, under heavy rains that drenched all present.
On the corner of W. Bonita Avenue and N. Berkeley Ave. - across the street from fire station 101.